Hope Haven Place
Psychotherapy in the form of EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing)
Hope Haven Place is a newly developed mental health support clinic offering professional assessment, treatment and therapeutic interventions to adults over 18 years of age.
Have you experienced a traumatic event?
- Do you suffer with persistent nightmares?
- Flashbacks of the experience?
- Repetitive and distressing images or sensations?
- Maybe physical symptoms such as pain, sweating, feeling sick or trembling?
- Do you have negative thoughts about the experience, asking yourself questions, self-doubt, could you have prevented it in some way?
- Why did it happen to you?
- Do you avoid certain situations that remind you of the experience?
Do you suffer from anxiety?
- Symptoms ranging from panic attacks, hot and cold flushes, racing heart rate, tightening in your chest, quick breathing, restlessness, or feeling tense, wound up or edgy?
- Do you avoid situations that make you feel uneasy, anxious, all of which can affect your activities of daily living, such as your family, your work environment or social life?
RECOVERY STARTS WITH YOU
Do you suffer from depression?
- Have you difficulty concentrating, remembering things or making decisions?
- Are you experiencing extreme tiredness with no known cause?
- Have you feelings of guilt?
- Are you experiencing sleep disturbances?
- Do you feel more irritable and restless?
- Have you lost interest in the things in life that once brought you pleasure?
- Are you experiencing flu like symptoms (aches, pain, headaches)?
- Has your appetite increased or decreased?
- Have you feelings of persistent sadness or emptiness?
If so, EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing) may help you process these issues and help you come to a resolution.
- Clients must be over the age of 18 years to commence therapy.
- All clients must be referred.
- Referrals will be accepted by the following : Self referrals, GP’s, Mental Health and Allied Health Professionals.
- Clients under 18 will be seen on a case-by-case basis.